The 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer with over-the-air (OTA) measurements delivers an easy-to-perform and easy-to-interpret experience. Ready to adapt as your network transforms, our flexible, modular platform lets field techs and RF engineers analyze FR1 (sub-6 GHz) including CBRS/C-bands, and FR2 (mmWave) bands with a single solution for extreme flexibility and upgradeability.
During the planning stages and prior to repurposing or reallocating an existing band (or before rolling out a new cell site), operators need to make sure that any previously occupied spectrum (at a specified band) is free of unwanted legacy signals. Unwelcomed signals can create interference that is problematic for both LTE and 5G networks.
EXFO’s 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer (including RTSA) can determine if unwanted signals exist and when present, help field techs locate their source through interference hunting.
Meet the 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer
EXFO’s CEO Philippe Morin and Stéphane Chabot, Vice-President Test and Measurement launch the 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer. RF spectrum analysis just got simpler, faster, better!
Why EXFO for RF?
How can we make testing simpler, faster, better? At EXFO, that’s a question we’ve been asking for over 35 years. And it’s one we continue to answer with a steady stream of innovative, award-winning solutions.
Now we’re bringing fresh eyes and our field-focused expertise to the area of RF testing. Working closely with some of the world’s biggest Tier 1 mobile operators and industry-leading RF technology partners, we re-imagined RF spectrum analysis to help clear the air for 5G.
- Revolutionary RF modules for FR1 and FR2, providing optimal scalability
- Smart, UX-optimized GUI designed for the way field techs should test
- Striking the right balance between portability and functionality
- Bringing intelligence to RF testing with our patent-pending intelligent peak detection and Snap-to-Peak features
Designed by field techs
Current RF spectrum analyzers are complex, requiring extensive RF knowledge to operate. And with equipment from multiple vendors, each with different GUIs and processes, things can get complicated. Learning it all takes time, but 5G won’t wait.
- Do more in less time: purpose-built and automated, making it easier and quicker to detect, locate and eliminate RF issues in the RAN (i.e., interference, beam performance issues etc.)
- Field-specific features: exactly what’s required in the field—no confusing apps and features that buyers paid for, but that field techs will never use
- Compact, field portable: validate 4G/LTE and 5G RAN with a wide range of functionalities built into a small-footprint design
RF testing that scales and adapts with your network
Operators need to support, maintain and test both new and existing RF technologies (e.g., 3G/4G/LTE/5G-NR). Testing solutions that require two tools, one for 4G (mostly FR1 low bands) and a second for 5G (FR1 mid band and FR2), are both costly and inefficient. Meet those challenges head-on with EXFO’s 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer:
- Go modular: a single RF spectrum testing solution that supports both FR1 (450 MHz – 6 GHz) and FR2 (24.25 GHz – 40 GHz) bands–field upgradeable as requirements change
- Built for now and later: start with FR1 testing and add FR2 as requirements change
- Test different RF frequencies plus CPRI, eCPRI and Ethernet (up to 100G), timing and sync, and fiber using a modular, future-proof design
- Cloud connectivity lets managers easily add RF spectrum analysis to job workflows